This recipe is from the Quaker Co send-away booklet. I made it for years during the 80’s
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup all bran cereal
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup molasses or honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Quaker Oats
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of dried fruit and/or nuts
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine milk and bran cereal in medium size bowl.
- Add egg, oil, molasses and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add combined dry ingredients careful not to over-mix.
- Add dried fruit and/or nuts.
- Fill 12 medium sized muffin cups or 6 large ones.
- Bake for 15 minutes for medium or 20 minutes for large.