6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
1 shallot, minced
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and ground black pepper
2 (9 ounce) packages fresh cheese tortellini
1 pint cherry toin bowl matoes, halved
1 1/2 ounces baby arugala (2 cups)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
1. Boil Water for Pasta: Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot
2. Make Dressing: Meanwhile, whisk olive oil, lemon juice, basil, shallot, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in bowl large enough to hold entire pasta salad.
3. Cook tortellini: Add tortellini and 1 tablespoon salt to boiling water and cook, stirring often, until tender. Drain tortellini, shaking off excess water.
4. Marinate tortellini: Add hot, drained tortellini and cherry tomatoes to bowl with dressing and toss. Cover and refrigerate until cooled, and about 15 minutes.
5. Finish: Just before serving stir in arugula, Parmesan, and pipe nuts and season with salt and pepper to taste.