This soup is also called Gazpacho Blanco or Gapzacho Malagueño as it is typical of Málaga
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 4 small slices day-old French bread
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 cups ice water
- freshly ground pepper
- white grapes, peeled & sliced
- In a food processor finely grind the almonds.
- Remove the bread’s crust and soak in water. Squeeze the bread dry.
- Add the bread and the garlic to the food processor and pulse until the bread and garlic are well incorporated into the ground almonds.
- Slowly add the olive oil and vinegar, and enough of the water until the soup is of a creamy consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and add remaining water until the soup is of the consistency you prefer. Season with salt & pepper
- Stir in the grapes just before serving. Ladle into chilled bowls and serve.