THE BEST BUTTERMILK WAFFLES
This recipe is for TWO PEOPLE – double or triple it for a crowd
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Heat waffle iron and turn oven on to 200 degrees
- You will need 3 bowls or containers for dry ingredients, liquid ingredients, and the egg whites.
- Using a small container, melt the butter in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Whisk yolk, buttermilk and butter
- Whisk together dries ingredients
- Beat egg white
- Slowly, add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients in a thin steady stream using a wooden spoon until almost smooth. Gently fold egg whites into batter,.
- Pour the batter into the waffle iron. How much depends on your waffle iron!
Note: Place cooked waffles on a rack in the warm oven until all waffles are cooked thus everyone can breakfast together….OR, cook serves the waffles as they are ready and eats last!!!