- 1 firm, medium size eggplant
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoons mixed “Italian” herbs
- Optional: Tomato slices, Parmesan cheese
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Wash and trim eggplant. Cut into 1/2” rounds.
- Meanwhile, finely mince garlic
- Rinse eggplant slices and pat dry.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and coat lightly with about 1 ½ tablespoons of oil.
- Place the eggplant slices on the baking sheet and top with garlic and Italian herbs*.
- Sprinkle the rest of the olive oil on the eggplant.
- Place in the middle of the oven and bake for about 45 minutes.
Variation: *Top with a slice of tomato and then continue with the garlic and Italian