This recipe can be doubled and a bundt pan used – but cook time should be increased to 60 minutes. Recipe can also be used to make muffins – but cooking time should be reduced to 25-30 minutes. I’ve made “Texas-size” muffins in the attached picture. If you’re short on bananas or if the bananas or fairly small, ½ to 1 cup of applesauce can be used to supplement
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas (plus ½-1 cup applesauce, optional)
- Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8 ½ by 4 ½ by 2 ½ loaf pan.
- Cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; add to above mixture.
- Mash banana in a small bowl; fold bananas into batter.
- Turn batter into the greased pan. Sprinkle heavily with cinnamon sugar on top of uncooked loaf.
- Bake banana bread for 45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes