The lovely thing about these cookies is that they are very fast to make! They are crisp, sophisticated, and lend themselves well to accompanying fruit compote or ice cream.
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons. all-purpose four
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 24 whole almonds
Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Finely grind 1 cup almonds with sugar, flour, and salt in the food processor.
- Add egg white and extracts and pulse until evenly moistened.
- Form rounded teaspoons of dough into 1”balls with lightly floured hands and arranged 1 ½” apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Press a whole almond in the middle and flatten cookie slightly.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until edges are firm.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
Yield: 24 cookies
Notes: Cookies keep in airtight container about 5 days.