This oatmeal chocolate chip cookie is a sleeper as an oatmeal cookie because the oats are ground into flour.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 2 cups milk-chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 375 and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Finely grind oats in processor. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Blend 5 seconds.
- Beat butter and sugars in large bowl until well blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Mix in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Form 2 rounded tablespoon dough into ball and place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
- Bake until edges are golden brown (about 12 minutes).
- Cool on baking sheets about 5 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool completely.
Yield: 4 dozen cookies