These very large, chewy cookies, almost like brownies the recipe was taken from the back of the Baker’s semi-sweet baking chocolate box.
- large microwaveable bowl
- 1 package Baker’s semi-sweet baking chocolate (8 squares)
- ¾ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon soda
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups chopped nuts, optional
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Place the 8 chocolate baking squares in a large microwaveable bowl and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Sift flour, soda, and cream of tartar.
- Add to blended chocolate mixture and mix until a uniform dough has formed.
- Add semi-sweet chocolate morsels and nuts.
- Use a ¼ cup measure to scoop out dough and drop on the baking sheet about 2” apart.
- Press down on the dough using the back of the measuring cup.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 18 minutes.
- Leave cookies on pan for a couple of minutes to firm up, and then remove to cooling rack.
Yield: 1 dozen huge 3”round cookies.