peanut butter cookies with the added crunch of salted peanuts, from Fine Cooking magazine
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups smooth peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup+ salted peanuts
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare two baking pans with parchment paper
- Coarsely chop the peanuts and set aside.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Beat the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Beat in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour until incorporated.
- Add peanuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons about 2 ½” apart and flatten them slightly. Using the tines of a fork, make a criss-cross pattern on top of each cookie.
- Bake until golden brown on the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for a minute or so before transferring them to a rack to cool.