This recipe is from Gourmet, developed to compare with packaged yellow cake mixes. It is very good.
1. 2 cups cake flour
2. 2 tsp. baking powder
3. ½ tsp.salt
4. ½ cup unsalted butter, room temp
5. 1 cup sugar
6. 3 large eggs, room temp
7. 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
8. ¾ cup whole milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour a 13”x9” baking sheet or two 8” or 9” round cake pans
1. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
2. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and
3. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla, and beat until thoroughly incorporated.
4. Mix in flour mixture in 4 batches alternately with milk at low speed, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until batter is just smooth, then spread evenly in
5. Bake in the middle of the oven until it begins to pull away from sides of pan and a tester comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
6. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then on rack to cool completely.