I got this recipe from a friend in highschool (about 20 years ago at this point!), and I don’t think a summer goes by that I don’t make it at least once. It’s a nice spongy cake with sliced peaches and a sugary/butter topping.
4 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
3 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt
4. Alternatively beat 1/2 of the flour mixture and milk into the creamed mixture; beat well.
5. Pour batter into a greased 9 inch skillet. Arrange the peaches on top of the batter and bake for 25 minutes.
6. While cobbler is baking, make the topping: combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter in a food processor or by hand with a spatula until crumbly.
7. After cobbler has baked for 25 minutes, pour topping over top and bake for an additional 8 minutes.