Had this torte at Kristin’s and it was sooo good! She says any fruit will do, but she served it with cranberries and the tartness of the fruit really complemented it.
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh fruit
- sugar/cinnamon for sprinkling
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9” spring-form pan and set aside.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light & fluffy.
- Add vanilla and beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour mixture in 2 or 3 batches, blending thoroughly.
- Spread the batter into the spring-form pan.
- Top it with the fresh fruit.
- The amount of sugar and the choice of whether or not to use cinnamon to sprinkle it will depend on the fruit used.
- Bake for 1 hour, but check after about 45 minutes. Baking time depends on your oven!