Lacinato kale is also known as Tuscan kale. In this salad it works better than the curly kale.
- ¼ cup walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- A bunch of lacinato kale
- 1 large persimmon
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino Romano
- Combine the oil, vinegar, salt & pepper and set aside.
- Cut out the rib in each kale leaf.
- Make a stack of the leaves and cut them into ¼” ribbons.
- Cut the persimmon into very thin slices.
- Chop the walnuts into pieces, and toast lightly in a small skillet over medium low heat.
- Combine the kale, persimmon, walnuts, and pecorino in a salad bowl.
- Toss with the reserved oil and vinegar dressing.
- Adjust seasoning. (It might need more salt & pepper)