From a William-Sonoma recipe, these attractive cookies would be an excellent choice baking with kids.
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons. baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, room temp
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Sift the confectioners’ sugar and place in a shallow bowl (you will be rolling the cookies in it so you will need space to do so)
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scrapping down the dough each time.
- Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until just blended.
- Form the cookies by scooping up rounded spoonfuls of dough and rolling them into a ball.
- Roll the ball in the confectioners’ sugar until covered.
- Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. The cookies will spread somewhat.
Note: Messy, but would be fun to make with a child helping make the cookie balls and roll them in the confectioners’ sugar.