Stamping cookies give a nice design to this traditional shortbread cookie. I can’t remember just where I bought my cookie stamps, but searching on the Internet I found a nice set of 3 for sale at Sur la Table. Click on the link for a look-see.
- 1 ½ cups butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 ½ cups flour
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cream butter and sugar thoroughly.
- Add flour gradually, one cup at a time.
- Mix this until well blended, but do not over mix.
- Roll into 1”balls, and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Stamp with warm cookie stamp.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Note: Use toothbrush to season stamp with cooking oil, never butter, and each time before use. Warm stamps in oven while it is preheating; keep stamps warm to the touch while in use by placing them near oven vent on stove. When finished, clean stamps with hot water and soft brush. Let dry and store.