Light and peppery these crackers are great to munch on while sipping some white wine.
- 1 ½ cups grated Parmesan
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoons freshly grated black pepper
- ½ stick cold unsalted butter, but into slices
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Put the flour, the zest, the pepper, the grated Parmesan cheese in a food processor.
- Dot the flour mixture with the sliced butter. Process until it resembles corn meal.
- Add the water/lemon mixture and process until a ball forms.
- Roll out the dough on a well floured surface to 1/8” thickness and cut into rounds using a 1 ½” cookie cutter, or whatever size you want the crackers to be.
- Place on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Prick with a fork all the way through 2 or 3 times or the crackers will puff. If you want the crackers to puff, don’t prink them.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, depending on the size of the cracker in the middle of the oven.
- Remove when they are golden and cool on a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.