If you are not lucky enough to find baby eggplants at the local Farmer’s Market, use the smallest eggplants you can find, or simply cut a regular eggplant in rounds and proceed!
- Baby eggplants
- Tzatziki (click for recipe on this blog)
- Pine nuts, toasted
- Parsley, chopped
- Grape tomatoes, for garnish
- Split the baby eggplants in two lengthwise.
- Brush the fleshy middles with a light coat of olive oil.
- Place them on a grill and grill them, fleshy side up for 5-10 minutes depending on the heat of the grill.
- Turn them over and grill them on the fleshy side, again for 5-10 minutes.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, using a small skillet, toast the pine nuts on top of the stove till golden.
- Spread a thick coat of Tzatsiki on them, sprinkle them with pine nuts, parsley, and garnish them with a slice of grape tomato.