Pickled raisins? Yes, and not bad! A perfect condiment to add to the Thanksgiving dinner turkey, as a matter of fact. Have seen it as an ingredient in several restaurant dishes…even saw a jar for sale at Deen & DeLucas.
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1-cup water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 springs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon pepper flakes
- 1 cup golden raisins
- In a small saucepan, toast the mustard seeds over medium heat until they begin to burst.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Store in a jar (or other suitable container) until ready to use. Can be refrigerated up to 3 days.