This double chocolate chip cookie has a bit of cinnamon in the mix which gives it little South American twist.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup instant espresso powder (or, finely ground 1/4 cup coffee beans)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup dried cherries, optional
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, the cocoa and espresso powders.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter until well combined. Add the sugar and brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scrapping sides with a spatula after each addition.
- Stir in the flour mixture in two additions, mixing well after each.
- Stir in chocolate chips and Rice Krispies.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the parchment paper covered baking sheet and then mash them down.
- Space the cookies about 2 inches apart and bake 13-14 minutes.
- The cookies will be soft, so allow cookies them to cool for 1 or 2 minutes on the baking sheet.Transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.