This salad is very creamy because of the avocado and cheese and it does not require as much oil and vinegar as usual.
- 3/4 cup farro
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cucumber
- 1 large tomato
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 3 scallions
- 1/3 cup crumpled feta cheese
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- Salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, toast the farro until it starts popping. Immediately, add water. Toasting the farro imparts a nice, nutty flavor.
- When the water boils, reduce heat to simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool (may be done one or two days before the salad)
- While the farro is cooking, Cut the cucumber, tomato, avocado into 3/8” dice. Chop the red onion, scallions, and the cilantro.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Mount on a plate and serve.
Makes 4 servings of 350 calories each