When we are in Salt Lake, Utah, my favorite place for lunch or dinner is the Market Street Grill.
While visiting Salt Lake recently Hank treated us to dinner on the night of our arrival. Being a little jet-lagged I decided to get a salad and again ordered my favorite “Louis” which, of course. was dressed with Thousand Island Dressing. I was reminded how good it is and determined to include it in my recipe blog.
Since I am a home-made mayonnaise fan, I began with that step, so it took me a little longer than it might to make. Of course, it is better if it chills. But so are we!
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 cup homemade mayonnaise*
- ¼ cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet pickle
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- ½ to 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and blend well. Add more chopped pickle and lemon juice as desired.
Yield: About 1 ½ cups
* For a recipe of how to make homemade mayonnaise, click HERE