Potato and zucchini soup with mint
From Williams Sonoma Savoring Italy. Perfect for a summer day with mint fresh from the garden, but it you happen to be in Florida with plenty of fresh mint in the winter, go for it!.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 3 small potatoes, peeled & diced
- 3 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons. chopped fresh mint
- grated Parmesan (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onion in the oil until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, the water, the potatoes, salt & pepper and bring to a boil and immediately turn down the heat to a simmer.
- Add the zucchini and cook until the vegetables soften, about 10 minutes.
- Ladle soup into warmed bowls, sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.