I make these whenever I have buttermilk on hand and freeze whatever the kids don’t eat right away – just pop in the microwave for 10-15 seconds for a quick pick-me-up!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 36 mini muffin or 18 regular muffin tins.In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center and add the buttermilk mixture. Beat until smooth and well mixed. Using a spatula, fold the chocolate chips into the mixture just until evenly distributed.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins, filling each level with the rim of the cup.
- Bake muffins until golden, dry and springy to the touch, 15-20 for mini muffins, 20-25 minutes for regular muffins. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Unmold the muffins and let cool completely.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking Temp: 350°
Servings: 36 mini muffins or 18 regular muffins