This is another favourite recipe I found on the internet. Serves 2 (change servings and units if necessary)
2 Chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 200 grams rhubarb, chopped up small
- 150 mls water
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 dried red chilli or( 1 inch tubed chilli) or half teaspoon dried chilli
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice powder
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger
- 150 gms dried noodles
- Fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 lime
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C (350 F)
- Put the chicken pieces in a casserole dish
- Mix all the marinade ingredients (rhubarb through to ginger) in a bowl, pour over the chicken. Mix with chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Check it a couple of times whilst cooking as you may need to give it a stir to stop it sticking.
- Just before the chicken is cooked, boil some water in a saucepan and cook the noodles.
- Drain the noodles, serve and ladle the chicken and sauce over. Add a generous amount of fresh coriander to the top and half a lime on the side.