Adapted from a Gourmet magazine 1997 recipe, they make a good snack cookie
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dried apricots
- 1 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Pre-heat oven to 375 and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Chop the dried apricots into chunks and measure out the chocolate chips, cherries, and chopped pecans. Set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, scraping down dough from sides of bowl and mixing well.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just blended.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the apricots, chocolate chips, cherries, and chopped pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 12 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets for about 10 minutes then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Yield: About 2 ½ dozen 3” cookies