These little vanilla thins are quick and easy to make and stay crisp and delicious for weeks! This recipe comes from a French cook book and is “the real thing” – Norman vanilla wafers. Notice that is made with egg whites.
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg white
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream the butter and sugar until light.
- Add flour and mix well.
- Stir in the egg white and the vanilla extract.
- Beat until blended. The batter will be rather thin.
- Chill for about 30 minutes,
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, until cookies are brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
Yield: 2 dozen cookies