Excellent with fruit or ice cream, this thin little wafer melts in your mouth!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup + 1 tsp. all-purpose flour
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Beat butter, sugar, and salt with an electric mixer at moderately high-speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix at low-speed until just combined.
- Add flour and mix until just combined.
- Drop level teaspoons of batter about 3 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven until just golden around the edges, 6 – 8 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheet on a rack 1 minute, then transfer with a metal spatula to rack to cool completely.
Yield: 2 dozen wafers