A refreshing variation of Snickerdooles, adapted from a Land O Lakes recipe
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
Heat oven to 400 degrees and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine all cookie ingredients in a large bowl. Beat at low-speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- With floured hands, form dough into 1” balls and place on baking sheets about 2”apart. This technique will make the cookies more uniform in size. You can drop them by rounded teaspoons but the results will not be as “pretty”.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, sift the powdered sugar because it tends to be lumpy. Combine the sugar and lemon juice and spread on the cookies. The hotter the cookies, the lighter the glaze will be!
Yield: About 5 dozen cookies