These are from Fine Cooking, Winter 05, these are quick and easy
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temp
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- about ¼ cup sugar for coating
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and position rack in the middle of the oven
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly blend in the flour mixture with the mixer at low-speed.
- Put the sugar for coating in a small bowl.
- Make rounded tablespoon balls with the dough and roll in the sugar.
- Place on un-greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Press cookies down to flatten them or they will not spread nicely!
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown on the edges, about 15 minutes +.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a minute and then transfer them to a rack to cool.
Yield: 2 dozen 3”cookies