Adapted from a Land o Lakes recipe, the cookies are fast and easy and only lightly spicy.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ cups raisins
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and prepare baking sheets with parchment paper
- Measure out the flour and the raisins and set them aside.
- In a large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and beat a low-speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed, for about 2 minutes.
- Add flour and beat in until well mixed.
- Add the raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons unto baking sheets about 2”apart and bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Or, drop by rounded tablespoons about 3” apart and bake for 12+ minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Yield: Will depend on the size of the cookies!