Delicate, light, and crispy, these cookies really spread out as they cook.
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temp.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned oats
- Using an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until well blended.
- Beat in flour, vanilla extract and salt.
- Stir in oats with wooden spoon.
- Cover and refrigerate cookie dough for 1 hour.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Roll dough by tablespoons into balls between palm of hands.
- Place dough balls on baking sheets, spacing 3 ½ inches apart.
- Flatten cookies to 1 ½ inch rounds with the bottom of drinking glass.
- Bake until cookies are golden brown (about 11 minutes).
- Leave cookies on baking sheets for 1 minute and remove with spatula to cooling racks.