These soft and tasty cookies are quick & easy to make. Good to take on a hike! They were adapted from a Williams Sonoma recipe.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ stick unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, room temp
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots or raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees & lightly grease 2 baking sheets
- Mix together the flour, oatmeal, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream the brown sugar and butter until fluffy.
- Add the banana and egg and beat until blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture about ½ cup at a time.
- Stir in the apricots and the walnuts.
- Spoon the dough by heaping tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Cook on baking sheets for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a rack to cool completely.
Yield: makes about 24 large cookies