From Gourmet, October, 2003. The softness of the apricots and the crunchiness of the pistachios make these crisp cookies a winner!
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup dried apricots cut into ¼”pieces
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg and beat until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low-speed until combined.
- Fold in oats, apricots, and pistachios.
- Spoon rounded tablespoons* of dough about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until golden brown 16-18 minutes.
- Transfer cookies with a spatula to racks. Cookies will crisp as they cool.
* These cookies are big! If smaller cookies are desired, drop by rounded teaspoons 1 inch apart.
Note: Instead of using apricots and pistachios, golden raisins & pecans or dried cranberries and walnuts make a nice combination.