It seems that everyone is coming up with recipes using brussel sprouts. Those odorous, soggy, little balls of yuck are being transformed into wonderful dishes…Go figure! This is a very simple salad, but delicious! It is from The New York Times, by Sam Sifton. The New York Times has a new cooking app and it is great! Highly recommend it. It is free.
- 24 brussel sprouts
- ½ cup raw walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup grated pecorino Romano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Trim the bottoms of the brussels sprouts and discard any discolored or loose outer leaves. Using a mandolin or the slicing attachment on a food processor, shave sprouts into the thinnest possible slices.
- In a large bowl, combine shaved sprouts with the other ingredients, and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Allow to wilt for a few minutes before serving.