One of the fun things to do for breakfast is to make pancakes. If you have buttermilk you need to use up, these pancakes work well. I usually mix the dry ingredients the night before and put the butter in the microwave all ready and set to go to be melted the next day. I am NOT a morning person! In bleary-eyed confusion, if I don’t get organized when I am wide awake, I may leave some ingredient out!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- *substitute 1 tlbs. Vinegar & 1 cup milk
Set a griddle on the stove at medium heat. Allow to heat for 10 minutes. Turn heat up slightly before cooking pancakes.
- Mix dry ingredients (you can do this the night before) in a bowl or in a 2 quart measuring cup.
- Add next 3 ingredients and beat until just blended.
- Spoon ¼ cup batter onto griddle.
- Cook until bubbles form on surface (2 to 3 minutes) and turn.
- Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.