The rub gives the chops a sort of wild boar flavor, according to Jack. Good as left overs cut into thin slices in a salad.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2-4 loin pork chops
- Toast the seeds over medium heat in a heavy skillet for about 6-7 minutes until they become fragrant.
- Ground up the seeds
- Finely chop the garlic and make a paste in 1 tablespoon of the oil and the ground seeds.
- Rub the spice mixture on both sides of the chops.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a large heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook chops 5-7 minutes each side (depending on thickness).