This spice mix is included in the recipe for Oven-Roasted Baby Back Ribs. For a link to that recipe, click HERE.
This spice mix is particularly good with roasted pork.
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon coffee beans
- ½ tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 ½ tablespoons hot chili powder
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon dark brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Lightly toast the cumin and coriander seeds. Allow to cool.
- Add the cumin, coriander, black peppercorns, and coffee beans (if using) to a spice grinder and grind to a powder.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Grind to blend. Or, alternatively, simply stir all the ingredients in a small bowl.
Yields about ½ cup