The interesting flavors of this dish makes it a nice summertime veggie salad
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 zucchini , sliced
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed saffron threads
- 2 tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add zucchini, onions, garlic, cinnamon stick and saffron.
- Cover; cook until zucchini is tender and onions are almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes, parsley and mint. Cool to room temperature.
- Mix in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Note: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.