This is a main dish luncheon salad. The use of Thousand Islands dressing makes it a bit retro!
- 2 cups water
- juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ lb shrimp
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups arugula
- Thousand Island dressing*
- Fill a bowl with cold water and ice.
- Add the lemon juice and salt to the water and bring to a boil. Add shrimp and cook for 1 ½ minutes.
- After 1 ½ minutes, drain shrimp and dump into the ice water.
- Peel and slice avocado. Set aside.
- Peel shrimp and set aside.
- Place 1 cup arugula each on 2 plates. Arrange avocado and shrimp on the arugula.
- Drizzle Thousand Island Dressing on it, to taste.
*For a recipe on Thousand Island Dressing found on this blog, click HERE