It’s summer and when it comes to a “soup and sandwich” meal, we think of cold soups. This one is a refreshing cold soup with a crunch, and healthy too!
- 4 medium cucumbers
- 2 cups non fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan or
- ½ cup walnuts, minced
- Slice the cucumbers lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and discard. Slice them into round.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend under smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and up to a day ahead.
- Place an ice-cube in a bowl and ladle soup over it.
Makes 4 servings