1. 1 750 mL bottle dry red wine, such as Chianti
2. 2 fl.oz. (1/4 cup) Aperol
3. 1 fl.oz. (2 tablespoons) Cointreau or other orange liqueur
4. 1/4 cup honey
5. 1 cup thinly sliced, hulled strawberries (about 8 medium berries)
6. 1 cup small-diced, peeled, seeded cantaloupe
7. 1 small lemon, thinly sliced crosswise and seeded
In a 2.5-3 quart pitcher, stir the wine, Aperol, Cointreau, and honey until well mixed. Add the strawberries and cantaloupe. Using a potato masher or large spoon, lightly crush the fruit to release some of its juice. Add the lemon slices and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
Serve over ice.