While in Tuscany on a bike trip some years back, we bought a package of tomato/herb mixture in a shop that sold typical Tuscan food in the little town of Montepulciano. The ingredients were, thankfully, on the label, and I was able to reproduce it when I got home. It is a great mix to toss in pasta dishes and stews.
- 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon semi coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients except olive oil together really well.
- Drizzle olive oil over the mix and stir until the mix is saturated with oil.
- Put in jar and refrigerate.
Note: Lasts about a month.